The purpose of this blog is the exchange of ideas and information, including discussion through the use of comments. All comments are moderated prior to posting. Links are permitted in comments if they further the discussion and are not included for commercial purposes.
The Smithsonian encourages you to interact with its site, subject to the following conditions:
- You are solely responsible for the content that you submit.
- By posting content, you are giving the Smithsonian and those authorized by the Smithsonian permission to use it for any educational, promotional or other standard museum purpose.
- You will not post any content that is unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, inflammatory, pornographic, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- You will only post content that is yours or for which you have received permission from the person or entity that owns the content and the related intellectual property rights.
- You will not insert your own or a third party’s advertising or promotional content into your posting;
- You understand that the Smithsonian may monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards or any other postings from time to time and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit or remove any content that does not comply with these conditions.
- You understand that the Smithsonian assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the posting of your content or for any error, defamation, libel, omission, obscenity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any posted information or from any failure or delay in removing such content.
- You will not introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You are not under the age of 13.
The Smithsonian reserves the right to monitor content or information provided by website visitors in its sole discretion, to edit or remove any content that, in the Smithsonian’s judgment, does not comply with the foregoing rules, or is otherwise objectionable, inappropriate, or inaccurate. The Smithsonian is not responsible for any user-generated content that is posted on Smithsonian Institution Websites or for any failure or delay in removing such content.